Skincare education is a key aspect of my role as a Beauty Therapist. It is my job to not only stay on the cutting edge of industry developments but to pass that knowledge on to you, my valued client. You may merely enjoy the pampering and relaxation you feel when receiving a facial treatment, but there is a multitude of other benefits that offer you and your skin health and wellness.
Why have a monthly facial?
- Facials are recommended once a month, or more frequently if you have a specific skin concern such as acne or hyper-pigmentation.
- The stratum corneum (the outermost layer of the skin) completely renews every 28 days.
- Actives in the products used in your facial penetrate deep down into the dermis where they illicit change. These cells then age, and as they age they work their way up towards the surface and eventually die and slough off. This is how we improve one’s complexion.
- Consistency is key, and skin conditions did not develop overnight, so it makes sense that only with continued use can products start to treat the active skin cells.
- As we age our bodies’ processes slow down. Our skin cells don’t shed as effectively as they used to and require the assistance of regular exfoliation to maintain our youthful glow. Regular facials can assist the skin’s natural renewal process, giving you faster and better results from your home-care products.
- A facial isn’t a magic cure, and you have to be willing to take proper care of yourself to look and feel healthy. Even the world’s greatest facial won’t do much good if you chow down each day on greasy foods and consider channel surfing the ultimate in daily exercise. Still, many people who get facials find benefits. Skin often looks and feels better after a treatment, even if the improvement is temporary.
What people are saying about Slow Beauty’s Facials:
Suzannah Ridley, 21 April 2017
“Natalie surpasses herself each time! An entire afternoon of relaxation and pampering always makes my day so much better! My feet went in sore and aching, and left soft and supple! Just what I needed! A facial with Natalie is not just a facial! Whilst some places just treat what they can see, it’s the extra attention to details that Natalie provides that makes you leave with a renewed look at the world!” Recommended!
Lynda Leigh, June 12, 2018
“Natalie recommended the arctic berry peel facial…. and true to its promise, was complimented by a work colleague a few days later that I looked radiantly healthy. PMS week pimplefest didn’t happen either.” Recommended!
Prea Eapen, August 5, 2018
“Natalie provides the most relaxing facials that work wonders and the proof is in the compliments I have received. My face is brighter, skin tone more even and my skin feels so good. Her customised facial and products have created a marked improvement in my hyperpigmentation and suit my sensitive skin the best so far.” Recommended!