Collagen Beauty is a unique opportunity to create wellness from the inside out with VERISOL® Bioactive Collagen Peptides. Our skin is made up of over 75 % collagen, which begins to degenerate in our mid 20’s, when we begin to show the signs of ageing skin, and is accelerated by other lifestyle and environmental factors.
Collagen Beauty is a natural formulation with VERISOL® Bioactive Collagen Peptides to support the structural integrity of skin and decrease skin aging factors after 8 weeks of use, supporting skin quality of the entire body and smoothing skin wrinkles from within. Research has shown that consuming Collagen Beauty™ with VERISOL®, as part of a balanced diet, may:
- Reduce skin wrinkles and smooth fine lines
- Increase skin hydration and improve moisture levels
- Increase skin elasticity
- Contribute to collagen formation & protection from free radical damage with Vitamin C
- Contribute to maintaining skin structure, support wound healing, and support healthy hair & nails with Zinc
- Support tissue building & repair with a good source of Protein
- Plus contains the naturopathic herb Horsetail, which is traditionally said to make hair strong like a horse’s tail.
Collagen is often left out of the modern diet because it is not present in lean cuts of meat, but rather bones and connective tissue. Today our Collagen Beauty is only the good stuff – pure type I and type III sustainably sourced collagen that fully dissolves in hot or cold liquid whilst maintaining its benefits.
~when consumed in conjunction with a healthy, varied diet.
Hydrolysed Collagen, VERISOL® Collagen Peptides (21%), Camu Camu*, Orgen-Zn® Guava*, Horsetail Herb*. *Organic Ingredients
Nutra Organics Collagen is sustainably derived from a bovine source (cow).
How to use it
Mix 1 sachet (12 g) daily into any liquid of choice – from smoothies to soups, Collagen Beauty is flavourless and completely dissolves in hot and cold liquid.
What is the difference between Collagen Body and Collagen Beauty?
It seems like a bit of a complex decision but no matter which you decide – the benefits are a win-win WIN.
Here at Nutra Organics we firmly believe that health and beauty begin on the inside – and of course, our Collagen BEAUTY may especially assist in this area as it contains clinically proven VERISOL® Bioactive Collagen Peptides to improve the structural integrity of skin and decrease skin ageing factors after 8 weeks of use, improving skin quality of the entire body and smoothing skin wrinkles from within. Collagen BODY, on the other hand, contains specific collagen peptides that target the deposition of collagen in joints, bones, ligaments, cartilage, and muscle tissue.
But which will be better for my gut – Beauty or Body?
Now, to answer this question we need to get right back the very basics of collagen- which is.. what is collagen actually made of? – Collagen is made up of AMINO ACIDS.
This is important because both Collagen BODY and Collagen BEAUTY are made up of particular amino acids that provide the same building blocks that actually make up the collagen that is naturally occurring in our gut mucosa, skin, hair, and nails and of course our connective tissue like bones, joints, muscle, cartilage and ligaments.
THEREFORE by taking more Collagen such as our Collagen BEAUTY or BODY- you are actually giving your body the amino acids it needs to make more naturally occurring collagen and therefore, either way, you will still reap the rewards across the board for all aforementioned areas – so yes, your GUT. However in saying that, be mindful as per question one that the biggest difference is where you would rather your collagen production be PRIORITISED.
Can I take Collagen Beauty and Body at the same time?
The simple answer is yes. There is no issue of safety in taking both Collagen Beauty and Collagen Body at the same time. However, here at Nutra Organics, we are passionate about a varied diet being the healthiest one. Due to the nature of collagen being refined protein, we do not recommend consuming it more than once daily. It is important to fulfil your daily protein needs from a variety of sources. Further, the bioavailability of the Collagen Peptides is significantly decreased in instances where there is excessive protein intake. Therefore as our collagen products are pure protein, sticking to one at a time will provide the best results. If you would like to take both, we simply recommend doing so in 8-week cycles, for instance, 8 weeks of Collagen Beauty daily, followed by 8 weeks of Collagen Body daily.
What ‘types’ of collagen are in Collagen Beauty and Collagen Body?
Collagen Beauty and Collagen Body are standardised to contain type I and type III collagen. These two types of collagen are the most abundant types present in connective tissue within the human body such as in hair, skin, nails, bones, joints, muscle and ligaments.
Are Collagen Beauty and Collagen Body safe for consumption during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
Both Collagen BEAUTY and Collagen BODY are safe for consumption during pregnancy and breastfeeding – this is because our collagen is literally just made up of pure protein derived from natural bovine sources. In other words, this is the same collagen you get from eating any form of meat only without any of the undesirable fat content.
Our Collagen Beauty also contains the added benefit of naturally occurring Zinc and Vitamin C from Camu Camu and Guava. These nutrients assist in the production and formation of collagen naturally in the skin. As they are naturally derived through water extraction and are only present in very small amounts this product is classified as safe for consumption during pregnancy and breastfeeding. We recommend if you have any concerns taking a product containing naturally occurring Vitamin C and Zinc that you consult your primary physician.
Where does our collagen come from? Are the cows fed organic grass or grains?
If there’s one thing we are passionate about here at Nutra Organics, aside from food, of course, its animals and their welfare. Therefore we have ensured that the bovine that our collagen comes from being treated under the highest animal welfare scheme possible. We do not guarantee that our bovine are fed organic grass all year round as some of them are located in Germany and due to the fact it snows there for a large portion of the year, it is impossible to ensure that they are eating grass-fed 100% as their diets may need to occasionally be supplemented with wholesome non-GMO grains. However, they are grass-fed majority of the year.
Why bovine collagen?
We thought long and hard about this one. In the end, we decided on bovine collagen for the following reasons:
- The bovine hide is a by-product of an industry that is already well established, so it reduces waste and therefore up-cycles the parts of the animal that would otherwise be disposed of.
- Traceability of bovine sourced collagen is much clearer than marine collagen (so it’s easy to ensure that the collagen comes from healthy, well cared for cows. “Marine” collagen is rarely even “marine” as it mostly comes from fish farms rather than the ocean, and our oceans are majorly overfished already as it is).
- The amount of collagen that you get from one cow is massive compared to one fish. Making it much more cost-effective and affordable.
There are a lot of misconceptions about the size of collagen peptides from bovine source vs marine source. One is not “bigger” or “smaller” than the other. The size of collagen peptides relies on the hydrolysis process. This is the process where collagen fibres are broken down into small peptide chains. The collagen that we use has been specifically hydrolysed to be the correct size and shape for optimal absorption and utilisation by the body, specific for its function!
How is Collagen Body/Beauty different to Gelatin?
The main difference between the Collagen and Gelatin Powders are as follows;
- Collagen is an extracted component of Gelatin, therefore the amino acid profile is different.
- Our Collagen is hydrolysed meaning that it will dissolve in hot and cold liquid, unlike Gelatin that goes solid in cold.
- Our Collagen products are fortified with specific Collagen Peptides that are trademarked peptides that make the Collagen Powders functional. ie. Collagen Beauty is fortified with Verisol Collagen peptides that aid in depositing Collagen in hair, skin and nails. Whereas Collagen Body is fortified with Fortibone Collagen peptides that aid in depositing Collagen in bone, ligaments, joints and muscle mass.