As part of the Éminence Organic Skin Care Forests for the Future initiative, the Forest Garden Project is Éminence’s commitment to a four-year implementation plan of the Forest Garden System in Senegal, Africa. This project enables our tree planting partner’s field teams to combine training and monitoring activities that empower farmers to restore the land and provide food and a sustainable future for the region’s inhabitants.
By applying sustainable land management best practices, the project expects to help by:
- Training and supporting at least 200 farming families – protecting approximately 2,000 people from extreme poverty.
- Planting over 1.6 million trees on an estimated 20 hectares of land.
- Providing access to vitamin-rich foods through an ongoing reliable food source.
- Producing and planting at least 400,000 fruit, nut and forestry trees each year for household consumption and sale.
- Generating an additional estimated annual income of $5,800 per farmer by the fourth year and significantly higher growth in the 5-10 years that follow.
You can help by continuing to purchase Éminence products – we plant a tree for every product sold!